COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update
Due to the university's move to online services amid mandatory COVID-19 precautions, face-to-face workshop requests are not being taken during this time. To consult with our staff about online career education options, please email your request to email@example.com. Visit Career Services for helpful career-related resources and technology.
NIU Career Services presents career-related workshops upon request to NIU classes, student organizations, and departments. If you would like to request that our staff present a career-related program to your group, please read the following criteria before submitting your request. Please allow a minimum of five business days to process your request after you have submitted it.
- Because workshop schedules fill quickly, we require three weeks’ advance notice for your request.
- Programs cannot conflict with another NIU Career Services program covering the same topic(s) within the same week.
- We may be unable to accommodate requests during the two weeks before the career fairs in October and February.
- Groups meeting or residing off-campus are responsible for arranging suitable on-campus meeting space for their Career Services workshops.
- Make an adequate effort to market/promote the workshop to ensure attendance and provide this information to the presenter upon request.
- Arrange room and AV equipment, when applicable, prior to speaker’s arrival.
- Start and end the workshop at the agreed-upon time.
Choose from the following topics:
- Business Dining Etiquette
- Career Decision Making
- Career Fair Preparation
- Career Options for Specific Majors/Career Clusters
- Overview of Career Services Resources
- Career Testing
- Graduate & Professional School Preparation
- Huskies Get Hired!
- Internship/Job Search Strategies
- Interview Preparation
- LinkedIn – Beyond the Profile
- Networking and Branding
- Résumés/Cover Letters/Correspondence
NIU Career Services reserves the right to determine whether or not staffing is available to assist you even though your program request may fit the criteria listed above.
Thank you for your interest in a Career Services workshop.